Free printable PDF lesson plans, word banks, quizzes and games for EFL/ESL teachers
READING PRACTICE QUIZZES
5 Ways to Become
“Money makes the world go round,” is a well-known idiom in English. It means that if you want to buy a house, or travel round the world or study at a good college or university, you will need money and probably lots of it. So, how can you get more money, how can you become rich? Many people will give you lots of different advice. Below are five things you can do to make your bank account grow.
1. Save your money. Don’t always spend the money you make on things you don’t really need. If you spend three dollars on a cup of coffee every day at work, that’s $15 per week, or about $60 a month. Over a year, that will cost you about $720, and over twenty years that will add up to $14,000.
2. Choose your friends carefully. Make friends who are rich or want to become rich like you do. When you do this, you will learn more about how to make money. Warren Buffett, one of the richest people in the world, gives this advice: “It’s better to hang out with people better than you.”
3. Find out what you love to do and then focus your time and energy on that. Steve Jobs, creator of Apple Computer, often talked about focus. You need to be so excited about what you do that it makes you get up early in the morning while other people are still sleeping.
4. Don’t work. Robert Kiyosaki, the famous author of ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’, says that perhaps you should try to start your own successful business instead of working for someone else. Does that mean you should be the boss? No, he says, being a boss takes too much time and hard work. Pay someone to be the company boss for you. Very simply, you should first own a business and then make your money do all the work.
5. Start young and keep learning from your money mistakes. You are human and over time you will make many of them. But it’s easier to lose ten thousand dollars when you are twenty-five than when you are sixty-five.
Powered by Quiz.biz